Later this year, the world’s population will reach 7 billion. We are each an equal part of this coming milestone. Every one of us has a unique role and an inherent calling to help one another and to make the world a better place. Every organization has a responsibility to help solve the problems larger than any one person can tackle alone.
|United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA)|
UNFPA has identified seven Key Messages in The World for the 7 Billion campaign:
1. Reducing poverty and inequality also slows population growth.
2. Unleashing the power of women and girls will accelerate progress.
3. The largest population of young people is changing our world and future.
4. Ensuring that every child is wanted and every childbirth safe leads to smaller and stronger families.
5. All seven billion of us, and those who follow, depend on the health of our planet.
6. Lower fertility and longer lives add up to an unprecedented challenge: ageing populations.
7. The next two billion people will live in cities, so we need to plan now.